This vegan turmeric masala chai is a delicious way to include more Curcumin in your diet. It is the yellow colour of turmeric comes from Curcumin, a powerful anti-inflammatory with antioxidant properties.
The Nepalese-style blend of masala tea spices and fresh ginger will warm you up on chilly autumn and winter evenings … or first thing in the morning. Don’t forget to add black pepper to the recipe; this will significantly increase the bioavailability of curcumin in the turmeric powder.
Our recipe is vegan but it can be made with regular milk and honey too.
Time < 15 mins
Skill Level Newbie
Serves 2 big mugs of Turmeric and Nepali Masala hot drink.
Turmeric Masala Chai Ingredients
- Brew the Chai t-bags to a strength you enjoy
- Heat turmeric powder, masala spice, black pepper, coconut oil and fresh ginger in a pan that will hold two mugs worth of liquid.
- Let coconut oil melt and mix with the spices. Place on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the black tea, mix well and heat for 5 minutes.
- Add plant-based milk and gently heat to the desired temperature but do not boil or the milk will separate.
- Take off the heat and pour into mugs.
- Add a sweetener of your choice to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy.